Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pussywillows & Butterflies


Nothing says spring quite like pussywillows & butterflies.
Since the pussywillows are almost finished here for the year
I thought I would do a tablescape with them
before they are gone until next year.


I started with a crochet doilie that was given to me by my neighbor.
She does fabulous work.


I then added a floral centerpiece that I have had for quite a few years.


And added some pussywillow and pink spring bud stems
that I bought at the Dollarstore a few years ago.


Onto the stems I added these delicate butterflies
that I also bought from the Dollarstore.


I then added a butterfly napkin...


And a spring napkin ring in a delicate pale pink.


Some ornamental birds
(which I found on a clearance sale at Michaels)


And some from Pier 1 Imports,
.

They add a finishing touch to the table...


As they nestle around the branches.


An egg holder makes a wonderful tea light holder


And complements the place setting


And makes a pretty spring table for two.



I am joining...
Kathleen at Cuisine Kathleen  for Let's Dish
The Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays

20 comments:

  1. Very pretty table and I love that you used an egg holder for the tea lights. Nifty idea!
    Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm really loving the mint green color too. Thanks for following~I'm now your newest follower. I'm going to check out the rest of your blog shortly.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely table. I love the birds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, such soft colors. I have the Pier One birds on my table too!
    Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish!
    I love your solar jars too, very cute! Have to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    I'm your newest follower :)

    You have set a very lovely tablescape!!

    Thank You for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful evening!

    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathleen - Thank you!

    Aledia - Welcome! So glad you have joined :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jana - Thank you and welcome to my blog :)

    Crosstown - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful table.. I love the birds on the table, especially with the branches. Happy Earth Day. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely table! I love spring and you have done a great job in turning out the spring-y goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marlis, Effie & Scrbbler - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pussy willows and butterflies are definitely reflective of the Good Earth. What delights! I think pussy willow branches are some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Sarah! They are one of my favorites too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had such trouble finding pussy willows in the wild this year that I had to buy some. Your table is so sweet and springy and the little birds are adorable. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. You had my curiosity when you used the word Butterflies! I like the idea of using the pussy willow for the colors are so delicate. The table is very sweet and lovely with your pretty china. My theme this week is also butterflies and I am glad I got to view your beautiful tablescape.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love using the egg cups as tea light holders. Pretty, soft tablescape. Love the birds and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So soft and sweet.

    Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays. Be sure to check out my recent post and GIVEAWAY announcement.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!