Friday, April 13, 2012

Dream Big

We have a lovely old house,
built in the early 1930s.


It was a foreclosure when we bought it
and we got it for a song
but it needed a lot of TLC.


This was the original front door on the house.
I couldn't bear to part with it
so we put it in the porch
to divide it off from the main house.


I normally have it plain
or have a seasonal wreath.




This year I decided to try something different.


A few stickers
and a few butterflies


and my door has a fresh new look for spring :)


I am joining...
Lorie at be different act normal for Show & Tell Saturday
Shannon at Cozy Home Scenes for Your Cozy Home Party
Adrianne at Happy Hour Projects for Happy Hour Friday

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea for spring!

    Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that looks beautiful! What a great idea! Found you through Blondee! Lovely butterfiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blondee - Thank you!

    Walking on Sunshine - Thank you and welcome to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all your kind comments. I love the diversity of your blog, and I had to include you in my Leibster Blog award.
    Blessings to you,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. That really looks pretty! It's a breath of Spring time! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa - Thank you for the award :)

    Lavender Dreamer & Michele - Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your door. I never would have thought to use the stickers in he way you did, yet the whimsical look is just wonderful. What a fun look for spring. Thanks for sharing your decorating idea at my party this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Shannon! Your Cozy Home Party is so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!