Monday, April 2, 2012

Orange Glory Rolls


This recipe calls for orange marmalade.
I had some homemade marmalade in the pantry
that I wanted to use up so I thought I would
give this recipe a try.


Topping
3/4 cup orange marmalade
1 Tbsp. margarine or butter

Rolls
4 1/4 to 5 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
2 pkg. active dry yeast
1 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup margarine or butter
2 eggs
2 Tbsp. margarine or butter, softened


Generously grease 24 muffin cups. 
In small saucepan, combine topping ingredients.
Cook over low heat until melted, stirring frequently.
Place heaping teaspoonful of topping in each greased muffin cup;
set aside.


In large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt and yeast;
blend well. 
In small saucepan, heat milk, water and 1/4 cup margarine
until very warm.
Add warm liquid and eggs to flour mixture.
Blend at low speed until moistened;
beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
By hand, stir in remaining 2 3/4 to 3 3/4 cups flour
to form a stiff dough.


On a floured surface, toss dough until no longer sticky.
Divide dough in half.
Roll half into 12x10-inch rectangle;
spread with 1 Tbsp. of the softened margarine.
Starting with the 12-inch side, roll up tightly,
pressing edges to seal.
Cut into 12 slices;
place cut side down over marmalade mixture in muffin cups.
Repeat with second half of dough.
Cover loosely with plastic wrap and cloth towel.
Let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size,
about 35 to 45 minutes.


Heat oven to 375F. Uncover dough.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
Immediately invert onto foil or waxed paper.


While they were baking I brewed some of my favorite tea,
Orange Love Rooibos
that I bought at my favorite little tea shop,
The Jasmine Tea Room


Set out some of my pretty vintage napkins


And some of my favorite tea mugs.


And enjoyed an afternoon cup of tea.



I am joining Lisa at Blessed with Grace for Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays

Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

And Shannon at Cozy Home Scenes for Cozy Home Party #13


And Miz Helen at Miz Helen's Country Cottage for Full Plate Thursday









17 comments:

  1. nice post thanks for sharing looking for to visit more...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange marmalade always reminds me of my very special mother-in-law. She loved it, and I always served it when she visited. I can't wait to try these. I am a new follower. Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound incredible!

    And I love your tea cups!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a little of me - thanks for stopping by and visiting

    Patsy - Welcome to my blog :) So glad you have joined.

    Blondee - Thanks, they are quite yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look and sound wonderful! You're so lucky you had homemade orange marmalade!!!! I love orange marmalade, it always reminds me of my grandma because she used to tell me how my great grandmother used to make it... one day I will have to try making it too! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love orange rolls and these look so yummy! Love your sweet tea set! Now a new follower.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria - I hope you get a chance to make marmalade. It is delicious :)

    Jann - Thank you and welcome to my blog :) So glad you have joined.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely looking rolls and a very sweet springtime setting... Looks good enough to eat. for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These orange rolls sound so wonderful, and your table is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful presentation for your awesome Orange Glory Rolls. I can't wait to make these rolls. Hope you have a wonderful Easter Celebration and thank you so much for sharing at Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Schoty, Anita & Miz Helen - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how pretty and they sound so good too. Love this idea!!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excited to find your blog. It looks right up my alley! Hope you'll visit me too.
    betty-southerngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Butter Yum and Betty, welcome :) So glad you have joined us here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!
    Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a wonderful week end and enjoy your new Red Plate.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  16. So nice to meet you! I'm delighted you left a comment at my blog so I could come here :-D I am a big fan of all things orange-tasting...and I have a bag of orange rooibos tea, too, so I'm going to have to make these rolls soon :-) I have apricot jam...wonder if that would taste as good?

    I would love to see your school-room to sitting room makeover. I'm so overwhelmed right now, I can hardly even start. Hopefully the Project Party will give me the "push" that I need! When I am done organizing it all, I'll reward myself with orange/apricot rolls and orange tea in a lovely china tea cup :-)

    Blessings,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lori - I think the rolls would be great with apricot jam. As for the room makeover - just waiting for a few of the finishing touches to be completed and then I will post it. I know that overwhelmed feeling as I went through something similar last year. Just take it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!