Monday, February 1, 2016

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today...  Monday, February 1, 2016

Outside my window...


 I am thinking...  Of spring, the garden & how we want to make some changes, and seeds - I need to start some planting soon!

I am thankful for... I was accepted to do my practicum at a clinic only 5 blocks from home.

From the kitchen... 
~Monday~
Simple Chicken Bake, Glazed Carrots, Tossed Salad



~Tuesday~
Sweet & Sour Chicken Stir-fry, Rice, Oven Baked Zucchini

~Wednesday~
Mushroom Meatballs, Perogies, Garlic Green Beans, Turnip



~Thursday~
Hubby Cooks

~Friday~
Oven Fried Chicken, Garlic Bread, Cesar Salad

~Saturday~
Beef & Broccoli Stir-fry, Rice, Asian Salad


~Sunday~
Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes,
 Broccoli w/Cheese Sauce, Carrots & Turnip, Salad,
Hot Fudge Pudding Cake

I am wearing... Scrubs - blue top, black pants as I am off to work today.

I am creating... Renovation projects in my mind.

I am reading... People of the Ark by Vaughn Heppner

I am praying for... Family & friends.

Pondering these words... "Attitudes are contagious. Are yours worth catching?" ~Dennis & Wendy Mannering~

I am hoping...  To start painting in the stairwell this week.

I am hearing... Silence.

One of my favorite things... Spring! Actually, this is something new. Spring is normally my least favorite time of year but this year I can't wait for it!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
~Monday:  School & Work
~Tuesday:  School, Luvin' My Home, Small Group Night
~Wednesday: School, Shopping & Errands, Hair Appointment
~Thursday:  School & Work
~Friday:  School & Work
~Saturday:  Morning date w/hubby, Luvin' My Home, & starting on the stairwell painting.
~Sunday: Church & Family Time

Here is a picture thought I am sharing... 


~My hubby's hot pepper plants are still producing peppers
and they have completely taken over my kitchen window sill!
He loves being able to pick a fresh, hot pepper
to go with his meals.~

Thanks so much for stopping by!
 ~Finding the amazing in the simple~

I am joining...
Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

14 comments:

  1. I love the idea of growing some fresh produce indoors! I'm really bad with plants though, so I'm not sure how they would fare... Sounds like you have a busy (but well-balanced) week ahead of you ~ enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol - I don't touch the pepper plants or they will most likely die - they are all my hubby's doing ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! Great quote. You menu plans are making me hungry. So glad to see the photo of the pepper plant. I want my granddaughter to try one of those. I think she would love to tend it, and she likes peppers too. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope she gives them a try! My hubby & son enjoy having the fresh peppers even in winter :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Your menu sounds delish! I think February makes all of us long for spring. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quote! And my hubby would love to have fresh peppers all year long! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fresh peppers is definitely a treat in winter! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  5. We're starting to think about gardening as well...only the consensus is to forgo one this year. Last year was very hard doing it by myself. I fell beside and the harvest was poor. There just aren't enough hours in day! Such yummy veggies though....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did that last year - had no garden as I knew I wouldn't be able to keep it up and I have to admit I didn't miss it once. This year's garden will be very small :)

      Delete
  6. Enjoyed your Daybook entry! To think that your hubby can so easily pick a fresh pepper for his meal. The plant looks lovely climbing everywhere -- it's obviously happy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!