Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Butterflies

My daughter and I were shopping
and it seems that butterfly themes are
everywhere for spring.


A few years ago we traveled to Vancouver Island for our holidays.
And one of the places we stopped was the Butterfly Gardens.


We were fortunate to arrive on the day these Atlas Moths emerged.
There were two of them hanging side by side.


Hubby and I had a wonderful time snapping shots
to our hearts content. 


The hard part is choosing which pictures to show.


So after much deliberation


these are a sampling of some of my favorites. 



It will be awhile before there are any butterflies here


as it is still quite cool.


But these pictures remind me that spring is coming.


And also inspire me to do some decorating


inside the house with a butterfly theme.


I hope you enjoyed these butterfly pictures
as much as I do!



I am joining...
 Jann at Have A Daily Cup from Mrs. Olsen  for Share Your Cup Thursday
Cindy at My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday

6 comments:

  1. We just visited a butterfly garden here in AZ yesterday. I love watching and snapping also. Wanted to let you know that I am featuring your grandmothers teacups on my blog today. Would love to have you share this also.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're just beautiful. My daughter is fascinated by butterflies. Any picture she draws very often has a butterfly and a rainbow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those butterflies are amazing. I took my daughters to one several years ago when they were very small and one didn't realize she was standing in front of where they were trying to go and didn't like them landing on her all the time! It brought back memories! Thanks. Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!