Thursday, April 26, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pound Cake


You just can't go wrong with
chocolate and peanut butter
and this cake is quick to make.


Ingredients

1 pkg. yellow or white cake mix with pudding
1 cup milk
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 eggs
2 cups chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 350F.
Generously grease and lightly flour 12-cup Bundt pan.
Beat with electric mixer at low speed for 1 minute,
scraping bowl constantly.
Beat 2 minutes at medium speed,
scraping bowl occassionally.
Stir in chocolate chips.


Bake at 350F for 45-55 minutes
or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean
and top springs back when touched lightly near center.


Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
Invert onto wire rack; remove pan.


Drizzle chocolate icing over top of cake.
Optional:  Sprinkle chopped peanuts over icing.


Enjoy!



I am joining...
Lisa at Sweet as Sugar Cookies for Sweets for a Saturday
Dorothy at Crazy for Crust for Crazy Sweet Tuesday
Mrs. Fox at Mrs. Fox's Sweets for Mrs. Fox's Sweet Party






23 comments:

  1. Purely decadent and it looks so yummy. It also is easy. Thanks for sharing a wonderful cake recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. going to make this for my daughter when she comes home next weekend! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing.. I want to reach out and grab a piece haha -Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this looks so good I could eat half of that right now. Thank you for posting.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite dessert flavors are chocolate and peanut butter! I love the idea of the chopped peanuts on top, too! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for your wonderful comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If this doesn't look delicious, I don't know what does! Yummy, I would like some for breakfast this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks SO good thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks extremely sinful...but oh so good :) I found you through Sweets for a Saturday! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh holy cow. How amazing is that??? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gawd, this made my mouth water!! It looks incredible. I must try this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what measurement for the choc chips? 1C ?

    ReplyDelete
  13. What measurement for the choc chips? 1C???

    ReplyDelete
  14. Annmtw - The recipe calls for 2 cups of chocolate chips.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm saving this....I want to make this...looks yummy :)
    ~betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super delicious! Hope you enjoy it as much as we do :)

      Delete
  16. Alana, Just had to tell you that I made this cake this week. I blogged it and mentioned you :)
    ~betty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Alana. I made this cake today and featured it on The Big Green Bowl! I changed it up a little. Come see! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!