Friday, April 20, 2012

Spring Umbrella Door Decor


I love changing my back door decor to go with the seasons.
When I saw this cute idea I knew I wanted to try it.


So shopping I went for a few things to create my
Spring Umbrella Door Decor.


I found the clear umbrella with pale green poka dots and handle
at Dollarama.


The spring flower bouqets were on clearance at Michaels
and I bought two.


The colors on this wired ribbon are just so cheery,
go with almost anything
and most definately say spring.


I put the flowers in the umbrella
and tied a bow with the brightly colored ribbon.


Then for the finishing touch I thought the
green jewel toned butterfly was perfect.


And it was as simple as that.
No gluing and it took less than 15 minutes.


And now my back door says "spring" :)


I am joining...
Lorie at be different act normal for Show and Tell Saturday
Shannon at Cozy Home Scenes for Your Cozy Home Party
Adrianne at Happy Hour Projects for Happy Hour Friday

10 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the oh so encouraging comment you left on my blog! It means so much to have kind words when you are starting such a big journey!

    Your rainy day spring door decor is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Spring door decoration is cute as can be! Very clever idea!

    Thanks for visiting me and leaving the sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just too cute! You are so clever, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura - Thank you for your kind words :)

    Cottage in the Clouds - Thank you!

    Blondee - Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago! Now I have pansies on my table as it is still so cold at night. Got to get the spring colour somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crosstown - I agree, when it's cold you do whatever you can to bring spring inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seen this done on Pinterest and have been wanting to make one as well.

    Yours turned out so pretty! I love the polka-dots on the umbrella.

    Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful night!

    Aledia @ Plum Perfect

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen these umbrellas before, but what I really like is how you made yours unique with the addition of the butterflies. How perfect for spring time! nI love seeing simple, yet beautiful craft ideas, so thanks for sharing your project on my party.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!