Monday, April 9, 2012

Be Creative Chocolate Cupcakes

I made some cupcakes to take for Easter dinner for those fussy eaters
who are not fans of Lemon Meringue Pie.


I used some bright, spring cupcake holders that I had from last year.
I was short of time so I used a chocolate cake mix,


And store bought Milk Chocolate Icing.


I lightly iced the cupcake and then rolled the edge
in some brightly colored sprinkles.


Swirled some more icing on the top,


And added a candied egg for the finishing touch.


As I was making these I was also thinking
of all the ways you could be creative.


A caramel icing with a mini rolo on top
was what first came to my mind
for all the chocolate lovers in our house,


Or maybe a Cherry Chip cupcake
with a whipped white frosting
and a candied cherry on top.

The possibilities are as endless as your imagination.

I am joining Shannon at Cozy Home Scenes for Cozy Home Party #14

5 comments:

  1. Your cupcakes look delicious! My husband and youngest daughter are the chocolate lovers in my house. I hope you enjoyed a lovely Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! So creative! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable, they look like dainty little nests!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cupcakes are very pretty, you decorated them with a lot of pizazz!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!