Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Shades of Green

Every year my mom has beautiful pots of chives.
She doesn't do anything special with them
and they keep coming back year after year.
I have previously tried growing chives in a pot
but they never seemed to survive the winter.
After admiring her pots once again I decided to try one more time.
The chives were nice last summer but
I held my breath as I went to check out the pot today,
looking for signs of life.
I was delighted to find the first little shoots beginning to poke up.
I may have finally found success with growing my chives in a pot :)


I was also pleasantly surprised to see the daffodils so far along.
Our weather has been so cool and cloudy I wasn't quite
prepared to see the buds shooting up :)


I am not sure what this fern type plant is,
although I know its not a weed - lol


It won't be long until the lilac bush is in full leaf.


And if you look carefully you can see the green hue
of the fresh grass coming up.
It won't be long until I will have to pull out the lawnmower.


The hollyhocks are also beginning to sprout in the warm, sunny spots.


And even my most shady bed is showing signs of life.


Springtime is the land awakening. The March winds are the morning yawn.
  ~Quoted by Lewis Grizzard in Kathy Sue Loudermilk, I Love You~

1 comment:

  1. It's always so sweet to see the signs of spring awakening, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!