Sunday, July 8, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today... Sunday, July 8, 2012

Outside my window... Blue sky, sunshine and it is going to be a hot day.

I am thinking... Of the Dragonboat festival today and wondering if we will be going.

I am thankful for... So many things - health, family, home, the list can go on and on.

From the kitchen...
~Today: Smothered Swiss Steak, Perogies, Corn, Salad, Ice Cream
~Monday: Baked Salmon Steaks, Rose Pasta, Peas, Cauliflower, Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
~Tuesday: Sweet and Sour Meatballs, Rice, Broccoli, Salad, Chocolate Cake
~Wednesday: Pork & Peppers, Rice, Zucchini Bake, Tossed Salad, Chocolate Pudding Sundaes
~Thursday: Slow Roasted Chicken w/Honey Ginger Glaze, Potstickers, Mixed Asian Vegetables, Asian Salad, Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
~Friday: Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Ceasar Salad, Chocolate Cake
~Saturday: Leftover Smorg

I am wearing... Tan floral skirt with a tan lace shirt.

I am creating... A weed free garden - sort of :)

I am reading... A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George

I am praying for... My husband who has been sick for the past few days.

Pondering these words... To cultivate the sense of the beautiful, is one of the most effectual ways of cultivating an appreciation of the Divine goodness. ~Christian Nestell Bovee~
I am still hoping... To go camping for a few days.

I am hearing... The birds singing their morning songs.

Around the house... Housework and gardening.

One of my favorite things... Seeing things grow.

A few plans for the rest of the week... More work in the garden and the rosebeds need some tending as well, farmsitting for my parents while they are away for a few days and off to the moutains on Saturday for a day trip!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


Pansies from my garden.


~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Thank you Peggy for the The Simple Woman's Daybook {follow links to read more}.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I really like the idea of putting your menu in your daybook entry. I'd like to look up your recipes.

    Hoping your husband is feeling better soon.

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. The recipes I have up have links to them :)

      Delete
  2. thank for stopping by my blog and commenting on my daybook post. i am sorry your husband is sick... i hope he is on the mend soon.

    i'm curious why your list is slightly different than mine. did you add your own items to the list that is one the daybook site? or did i just miss it and use an old list? i like that yours has "i am hearing..."

    i'll have to add that to my next one.

    beautiful pansies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got my list quite awhile ago when I first started blogging so chances are mine is an older list. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you are planning a very productive week. Best wishes to your husband on a speedy recovery. Good luck on the camping trip, though it is hard to imagine being outdoors for any amount of time as hot as it's been lately. Thanks for stopping by my blog today and have a great Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these simple thoughts you shared...thanks. Trust your hubby gets to feeling better soon...certainly do LOVE your menu! Pansies are my favorite flower so I really sucked in that gorgeous photo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you include your menu. Praying your husband will be better. My roses have not done too good this year, so hot and so little rain. Have a blessed week and thanks for stopping by my blog and sweet comment too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful pansies! Thanks for commenting on my daybook.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to read that your husband is sick. I hope he is doing better soon. I love that book by Elizabeth George. I have many of her books. Sounds like you will be keeping busy this week! Your pansies are so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Elizabeth Geroge's books and have quite a number of them as well. Thank you for stopping by and visiting :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!