Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today... Sunday, July 1, 2012

Outside my window... The sun is shining, the sky is blue and there is a slight breeze.

I am thinking... Of everything I need to pack for our afternoon picnic in the park.

I am thankful for... Our wonderful country that we live in.

From the kitchen...
~Today:  BBQ Pork Chops, Parmesean Potatoes, Buns, Macaroni Tomato Salad, Broccoli, Tossed Salad, Canada Day Cupcakes
~Monday: BBQ Sausages, Oven Baked Veggies, Buns, Garlic Green Beans, Tossed Salad, Banana Cream Pie
~Tuesday: Chicken Penne Florentine Bake, Broccoli, Ceasar Salad, Black & White Donuts
~Wednesday:  Creamy Tomato Meatballs & Rice, Peas, Turnip, Salad, Cupcakes
~Thursday: Spicy Beef & Vegetables (Crockpot), Pasta, Asian Salad, Banana Cream Pie
~Friday: Citrus Salmon w/Broccoli, Cauliflower with Cheese Sauce, Salad, Buns, Black & White Donuts
~Saturday: Leftover Smorg

I am wearing... Black Capris and a red shirt.

I am creating... Wreath for my garden gate.

I am reading... A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George

I am praying for... Our country's leaders.

Pondering these words... I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind. ~John Diefenbaker~ (From the Canadian Bill of Rights, July 1, 1960)

I am still hoping... To go camping.

I am hearing... Birds singing, the announcer and motocross bikes (this weekend is the Western Canadian Amateur Motocross Championships and the track is only a 5 minute drive from our home)

Around the house... Getting ready for a BBQ

One of my favorite things... Celebrating Canada Day!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Today:  A picnic in the park and fireworks in the evening
Monday:  Our town parade, afternoon festivities and evening fireworks
Tuesday:  Recover from Sunday & Monday :)
Wednesday:  Hopefully work in the garden - weather permitting
Thursday:  House & Garden work
Friday:  Shopping and errands, daughter's allergy shot
Saturday:  All day garden tour!!!!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



Happy Canada Day!

~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Thank you Peggy for the The Simple Woman's Daybook {follow links to read more}.

11 comments:

  1. I can smell whats cooking from your kitchen now! Sounds like a lot of fun activities going on. I hope you post a picture of your garden wreath...sounds pretty! Happy Week end wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that food sounds delicious! Enjoy your week of celebration! Blessings:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful day - and Happy Canada day to you too!!!
    I'm going to walk down to Old Montreal later and enjoy the Jazz Fest!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like so much fun! Hope you had a great Canada Day!

      Delete
  4. I hope you had a nice celebration! Love your quote!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The menu sounds wonderful! Hope you enjoyed your picnic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Kathy! I will link up to your other site :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Blondee and we did enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!