Friday, October 25, 2013

Frugal Friday! How I Saved This Week!

Prices seem to go up every year for just the basics.
Unfortunately, our income often doesn't match the pace
of the increase for costs of goods.
"A penny saved is a penny earned"
is something I heard very often while growing up.
So, here are a few of the ways I saved some of our pennies this week,
which in turn allows us to live comfortably on less.
 
 
I hung some laundry on the line instead of running the drier.
However, I need to be completely honest here,
the drier broke which made me hang the laundry on the line!
But, it also made me realize that I should be doing this
whenever I can while the weather still permits!
 
 
I took the bottles that had little bits left on the bottom
and added them to the new bottle. 
It always surprises me how those little bits add up!
 
 
By making a grocery list, shopping the sales
and using coupons
I was able to save $23.62 on groceries this week.
 
How did you save money this week?
 
~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!

 

2 comments:

  1. Just last evening I shredded 3 bars of Ivory soap so that tomorrow I can mix up a batch of my DIY laundry detergent. Early in the week I made my own all purpose cleaner. I also saved $23 and some change by buying what was on sale as well as our store's brand as opposed to Brand Name items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome Dianna! I love hearing other peoples frugal ideas! There's always so much I can learn :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!