I saw this idea in a catalogue but didn't want to pay the price they were asking for the supplies so I went to the Dollar Store and bought the pots and everything else I already had on hand.
This was the most challenging part, gluing the arms onto the top part. I made sure it set for 24 hours before tackling the second side.
Once the arms and legs were on and set the hard part was done.
I glued some moss around the arms and legs and put some inside as well.
Then it was time to add the face.
And finally put it together. The top is glued to the base and a bow was added around the neck. Then it was off to the garden to find some flowers to put into it.
And then, to find the perfect spot to display it. It is in our back porch area to greet everyone who comes in.
The original cost in the catalogue was over $20 plus shipping and handling for just the supplies, I would have still had to put it together. My cost, under $5.00.
I hope you enjoyed my fall project. I am joining in with Cindy at My Romatic Home for Show and Tell Friday.