Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

This is one of my favorite Sweet & Sour Meatball recipes.
Not only is it super tasty and colorful I also love the smell of it cooking.

Meatballs
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/2 cup oatmeal
2 Tbsp. minced, dried onion
1 Tbsp. parsley flakes
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp/ pepper

Mix together and shape into meatballs.  Place in roasting pan.


Sweet 'n Sour Sauce
2 cups brown sugar, packed
2 tsp. flour
1/2 cup vinegar
1/3 cup water
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp. ketchup
1 can crushed pineapple (including juice)
sliced pepper strips, red and green


Mix sauce together and pour over meatballs.

Cook in 350F oven for 1 hour or until thoroughly cooked.


I like to serve this with rice, steamed broccoli and a tossed salad.

I am joining "The Kings Court IV" for What's Cooking Wednesday



And Alison at "Prairie Story" for Recipe Swap Thursday

5 comments:

  1. Dear Alana,
    This looks so incredibly delicious...I'm going to have to try it. My guys love meatballs...so this should be a big hit in our house. Thanks for sharing!
    Have a blessed evening,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks....now I want meatballs! lol

    WILL try this, sounds amazing!
    (Does it matter if the oats are quick cooking or no?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura - I hope your family enjoys them as much as my family does.

    Blondee - I always use quick-cooking oats but I don't think it would make much of a difference which type you use.

    ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love Sweet and Sour Meat Balls and your recipe looks very good. Thank you for sharing and you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miz Helen - Hope you enjoy them! ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!