Monday, December 12, 2011

I Love My Snow Globes


As a little girl, I always dreamed of owning a snow globe.
I thought they were the most wonderful thing to be able to own.
My cousin had one, you know the cheap, travel, touristy snow globe.
I was so jealous.  I thought she was the luckiest girl on earth.


My husband discovered my childhood dream of owning a snow globe
and surprised me one Christmas with a snow globe of my very own. 
I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I was.


And each and every year since I discover a new snow globe under the tree for me,
either from my dear hubby or from one of my children.


And I love them all.
Every Christmas I feature some of the snow globes in our living room on top of the piano.
It is the focal point of the living room and your eye is drawn to them immediately as you come in through the front door.


And every Christmas season as I lovingly take out each snow globe and put them on display
 I feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world.


Not because I own a snow globe, or two or three, or more.


I am the luckiest girl in the world because I have a husband and children who love me so much.


Sure, owning a snow globe may have been a silly childhood dream
but because it was important to me
it became important to them.


So, each and every snow globe is just a tiny representation of the love of a family.


And like our family, each and every one is beautiful and unique in its own special way.


Some are immediately stunning.


Some have intricate details that take your breath away.


Some play the most beautiful music.


And some don't even need winding up,
they just play!


And there's some that aren't even snow globes,
but are just as special and are part of the family.


I hope you enjoyed my snow globe collection.
Every time I look at them they make my heart warm and put a smile of my face.
And I am reminded again and again of how lucky I am to have such a special family.


I am joining Marty at "A Stroll Through Life" for Tabletop Tuesday



I am joining Cindy at "My Romantic Home" for Show and Tell Friday

6 comments:

  1. Nice collection! I love them too I have only two. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful gift your family is to you and to bless you so lovingly year after year...Your Globes are so precious and lovely...Thank you for sharing them with us.

    Blessings Kelsie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Pat & Kelsie. I am truly blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them too, but don't have one yet. I used to make them with old jam jars (jelly jars) and glitter, when I was a little girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina - I have always wanted to try making some but haven't been brave enough to attempt it yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also love snow globes and collect them. I have branched out into making my own - so much fun! You have a very sweet collection and wonderful family for contributing to what makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!