Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Baking Day



It was a great day to spend in the kitchen getting some more goodies made for Christmas.


First up was some Midnight Mints which is one of my favorite squares.  I love chocolate and mint and this nanaimo type square is so yummy.


And I think the light green layer is so festive looking.


Second was the Cherry Chocolate Squares.  They are basically the same as the Midnight Mints only made with cherries.


These are my hubby's favorites and he was getting a little concerned that I might no make them this year so before tucking them away in the freezer I put a few in his lunch box :)


The pink coloring is so pretty and comes entirely from the maraschino cherry juice.


And another batch of Rum Balls.  This is a new recipe I wanted to try.


They have apricot jam in them and sound so yummy.  I haven't sampled any yet and they are also tucked away in the freezer until Christmas.  I am looking forward to trying them.


Now I'm off to clean the kitchen which looks like a disaster zone :)

2 comments:

  1. Uuugh!! Those all look amazing!!! I love it!

    Please share recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your goodies look delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!