Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Tea Anyone?

It has been quite awhile since I have posted and a lot has happened since then.  My daughter is off at college, I started taking some courses, and have been working on doing some repurposing of rooms in the house.  The past few months have been difficult (adjusting to my daughter being gone, we are very close), challenging (the course has definately kept my brain active) and full of change.  I am finally beginning to feel like I am getting my feet back under me, and a good thing to as Christmas is just around the corner.

Today I did some Christmas baking and would like to share it with you.  First up is my daughters favorite, Butterscotchy Almond Bars.  A few will be going in her parcel this week :)




Of course, I couldn't bake her favorites without also baking some of my sons favorites, Brownie Minatures.




It also gave me a chance to pull out some of my Grandmothers china, and of course, my favorite Christmas teapot.  I'm a huge fan of Cardinals and found this teapot on clearance at Winners last year after Christmas.  I just can't enough of it :)

3 comments:

  1. I have missed you and your lovely posts!!! So glad you are back, hopefully ona regular basis. Can't wait to hear about the classes you are taking. So glad to hear your girl is doing well. I am sure it was a hard transition for both of you.

    Love the china and the goodies look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you blogging again! It sounds like you have been keeping busy. What kind of classes have you been taking? How does your daughter like college?

    Both of the treats you baked look delicious! I'm sure your son and daughter will enjoy them! The china is beautiful, and so is the teapot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Blondee and Susan. It is sooo good to be back blogging :) I am taking some tax courses and really, they are more interesting than they sound lol and my daughter is doing well at college. She is enjoying it and keeping busy but looking forward to coming home, although probably not quite as much as I am looking forward to having her home :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!