Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Cookies & Traditions


When my kids were younger, a lot younger, my mom and I would get together at Christmas time and decorate Christmas cookies.  When you have little kids around its always easier to do things with two adults around over one.


However, as the kids got older and our lives got busier our getting together to decorate cookies fell by the wayside.


This year though, I thought it would be fun to get together with my mom and decorate cookies once again.  A reviving of an old tradition.


It was a wonderful way to spend the afternoon, chatting away while decorating, the warm fire from the wood burning stove crackling away and the smell of fresh baked bread filling the air.


And of course, sampling the cookies with a delightful cup of tea afterwards and having a chance to also chat with my dad. 


Traditions are good.  Sometimes certain things fall by the wayside as lives change and we go through different stages but its nice to be able to revisit those traditions at a later time.  Although not exactly the same as when the kids were young the time together was just as sweet as before :)


I am joining Cindy at "My Romantic Home" for Show and Tell Friday




And Lorie at "be different, act normal" for Show & Tell Saturday







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!