Saturday, November 9, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today... Saturday, November 9, 2013

Outside my window...


I am thinking... How my blogging time has been taken over by Christmas projects - but I am on track so far for getting the gifts done by Christmas.

I am thankful for... So many things this week - especially safety!

From the kitchen...
~Sunday: Roast, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Buns, Broccoli, Corn, Tossed Salad, Hot Fudge Pudding Cake
~Monday: Mushroom Meatballs, Mashed Potatoes, Turnip, Green Beans, Tossed Salad, Chocolate Pie
~Tuesday: Herb Crusted Salmon, Herbed Pasta, Carrots, Broccoli, Salad, Vanilla Cake w/Chocolate Icing
~Wednesday: Beef & Broccoli Stir-Fry, Rice, Oven Baked Zucchini, Asian Salad, Chocolate Pie
~Thursday: Crockpot Sweet & Sour Chicken, Rice, Steamed Peas, Asian Salad, Vanilla Cake w/Chocolate Icing
~Friday:  Out to Parents for Dad's Birthday Supper
~Saturday: Leftover Smorg


 
I am wearing... Jeans & a Purple and Grey Striped Hoodie

I am creating... This week my goals are:-
~Make a Card for my daughter
~Finish the letter "G" on my X-Stitch Sampler
~Finish 8 pages of scrapbooking
~Work on a beaded fridge magnet

I am reading... Discovering the Treasures of a Godly Woman by Elizabeth George

I am praying for... Family & Friends but especially my hubby this week as he has some health issues he is dealing with.

Pondering these words...

Beautiful faces are they that wear
The light of a pleasant spirit there;
Beautiful hands are they that do
Deeds that are noble, good and true;
Beautiful feet are they that go
Swiftly to lighten another’s woe.
McGuffey’s Second Reader

I am still hoping... To finish some projects before Christmas.

I am hearing... Silence

Around the house... Christmas projects and Christmas presents getting ready to be wrapped!

One of my favorite things... Sunshine & fresh air!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
~Monday:  Remembrance Day Service
~Tuesday: Bake & Decorate Cake for Dad's Birthday
~Wednesday: Housecleaning Day
~Thursday: Volunteer at MCC, Errands & Grocery Shopping
~Friday: Dad's Birthday Supper
~Saturday: Put up Outdoor Christmas Decorations (weather permitting)

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

 
~The weekly letter I write to my daughter~
 


~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


I am joining...
Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

4 comments:

  1. Hello Alana,
    It's so great to take a peek into your day. Thanks for sharing and visiting me earlier.
    I hope your hubby's health issues are sorted and that you achieve all of your Christmas goals on time...so that you can relax and enjoy the festive season.
    Keep cosy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could visit! All you would have to do is say "cake" and you'd have an electrician on your doorstep - lol! I am aiming to have all my Christmas done before the 12th when my daughter comes home from school.

      Delete
  2. A lovely daybook entry, Alana! I loved the poem you shared...and see some recipes I want to try. We've had your herbed pasta recipe and know it is delicious! I'm sorry to hear that your husband is having health issues. Hope they can soon be resolved. I hope your daughter has an entire month off from school when she comes home for Christmas...those were always such special times for us when our kids were away at college. It seemed as if their breaks were never long enough. Have a wonderful week, Alana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dianna! Our daughter will be home 3 1/2 weeks - so pretty close to a month! I hope to have most of my Christmas stuff done before then so I can just enjoy having her home :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!