Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today... Saturday, November 23, 2013

Outside my window...

 
I am thinking... That I hope I feel better soon as there is so much to do before the holidays.

I am thankful for... Home, family and friends.

From the kitchen...
~Sunday: Roast Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Buns, Broccoli w/Cheese Sauce, Corn, Tossed Salad, Jelly Roll
~Monday: Spicy Beef & Vegetable Stir-Fry, Oven Baked Zucchini, Asian Salad, Chocolate Cupcakes
~Tuesday: Oregano Chicken w/Sweet Peppers, Rice, Peas & Carrots, Tossed Salad, Marble Cake
~Wednesday: Spaghetti & Meatballs, Garlic Bread, Baked Zucchini, Ceasar Salad, Jelly Roll
~Thursday: Mushroom Pork Chops, Perogies, Green Beans, Turnip, Tossed Salad, Chocolate Cupcakes
~Friday:  Parmesean Fish, Rice, Carrots, Broccoli, Tossed Salad, Marble Cake
~Saturday: Leftover Smorg

~Chocolate Marble Cake~

I am wearing...

I am creating... This week my goals are:-
~Do my Christmas Cards
~Finish the letter "G" on my X-Stitch Sampler (I didn't finish this last week)
~Finish 8 more pages of scrapbooking
~Work on a beaded fridge magnet

I am reading... God Has A Dream for Your Life by Sheila Walsh

I am praying for... Good health.

Pondering these words...
If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
 
I am still hoping... To finish some projects before Christmas.

I am hearing... The radio playing.

Around the house... Mess before beauty - Christmas decorating is in progress.

One of my favorite things... Christmas music.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
~Monday:  Horticultural Society Meeting
~Tuesday: Christmas Baking
~Wednesday: Housecleaning Day
~Thursday: Office Work, Errands & Grocery Shopping
~Friday: More Christmas Baking
~Saturday: In-laws 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration

Here is a picture thought I am sharing... 




~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


I am joining...
Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoy the Simple Woman's Daybook. I learn so much about my fellow bloggers. I haven't participated in a long time. I may have to try to get back to the Daybook in the new year. You are busy. I'm doing some decorating, too. I seem rushed this year ... perhaps because Thanksgiving is *late* ???!!!! Happy Happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully you will soon be feeling better and able to get the work finished that you feel needs done before the holidays. The Spicy Beef and Vegetable Stir-fry sounds SO yummy! I know you are getting excited thinking about your daughter being home before much longer! I still remember how that felt! Have a wonderful week...and congratulations to your in-law's on their 50th wedding anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!