Saturday, August 18, 2012

Cross-Border Kayaking


On our holiday we drove up to Cameron Lake
to do a little kayaking.


Both of the kids love kayaking.


They decided to kayak all the way around Cameron Lake
which means they crossed the border into Montana
as the other end of the lake is part of Glacier National Park.


They did go all the way to the end,
right up to where the snow pack was.
(see the little red arrow)


It was a great way for them to spend a hot afternoon.


And while my hubby, daughter and son were being ambitious
I enjoyed lounging by the lake with my parents.
This butterfly landed on my leg and stayed there for the longest time.


And just to prove that they did make it to the other end of the lake
they brought back some ice from the snow pack.


~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!



I am joining...
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen for Share Your Cup Thursday

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great vacation. Both the lake and the snow peak look breathtaking. I'm glad you shared them with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful and I'm glad I could share it :)

      Delete
  2. Alana, what a wonderful vacation for you and your family. Hubby and I went to Glacier last Fall. Such a beautiful area. Kayaking sounds very fun. The butterfly is beautiful. It must have felt safe on your leg. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!