Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Hearts for Home
Today I am joining in with Gae from Cherished Hearts at Home . She has a weekly post called Hearts for Home which is open for others to link up with and share some thoughts on home-centred ways. She encourages us to think of 4-6 things to commit to each week to make homelife special and to bless us as keepers at home.
Well, I did finally get our next semester planned out. I have to admit I did end up leaving it to the end of the week and was finishing it Monday morning, but I got it done. I still have a lot to do in the garden as I didn't get much done this last week. I did get the verandah decorated and I am happy with the results and I had so much fun doing it.
This week I commit to:-
1. Garden. Since I didn't get it finished last week it is definately a priority this week.
2. Back entry. I want the back door to look as nice as the front so I hope to get that decorated for fall as well. I found a few items on the weekend for it and it will be simple so its just finding the time to do it.
3. We have a chair being delivered this week so I want to make sure that the spot for the chair is ready which means I need to do a bit of rearranging in the living room. I probably won't be home for the delivery which means hubby will have to get up (he's working nights so he's sleeping during the day) and take the delivery so I want to make it as quick and easy for them as possible.
4. Plan the birthday/Thanksgiving Day menu. I think we will combine the celebrations, my son and my birthday is Saturday and Thanksgiving is Monday but hubby is off Saturday and working both Sunday and Monday so it makes sense to combine the celebration. Now, to plan the menu and the cake.
5. Make some apple juice. I have some apples still sitting in the fridge and I need to get them made into juice. Homemade apple juice is one of my family's favorites.
~Home, the spot of earth supremely blest, A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest~