Friday, September 28, 2012

Westminster Abbey

 
While we were on holidays we stopped to visit
Westminster Abbey in Mission, British Columbia, Canada.
 
 
This is a Benedictine Monastery
that also houses a seminary.
 
 
This is a beautiful building on beautiful grounds.
Unfortunately, we were not allowed inside
because we were wearing shorts
but I hope to go back and get pictures
of the inside next time we visit.
 
 
We did, however, take time to stroll through the grounds.
 
 
Being from the prairies I am always
fascinated with the moss growing on things
when we visit the coast.
 
 
I also love the lush forested areas.
And they said it was a dry year!
 
 
There was also a stunning view of the river and valley.
 
 
How I wished for a wide angle lense to capture the view.
It was a beautiful and serene place to visit and spend an afternoon
and I look forward to visiting it again.
 
 
~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!