Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today... Sunday, September 23, 2012

Outside my window... The sky has a pink glow in the horizon as the sun is just coming up.

I am thinking... That I am glad to be back to blogging after a longer blogging break than expected due to illness.

I am thankful for... My bountiful garden this year.

From the kitchen...
~Today: Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Buns, Salad, Garden Veggies, Turtle Cheesecake
~Monday: Asian Chicken Hot Slaw, Chow Mein Noodles, Sweet and Spicy Cucumbers, Oreo Pudding Pie
~Tuesday: Mushroom Meatballs, Mashed Potatoes, Garden Veggies, Toasted Butter Pecan Cake
~Wednesday: Salmon Burgers, Garden Veggies, Turtle Cheesecake
~Thursday: Chili (crockpot), Buns, Salad, Oreo Pudding Pie
~Friday: Oven Baked Chicken, Italian Parmesean Potatoes, Garden Veggies, Toasted Butter Pecan Cake
~Saturday: Leftover Smorg

I am wearing... Black sweatpants and a pink sweatshirt.

I am creating... Fall projects.

I am reading... Her Mother's Hope by Francine Rivers

I am praying for... Safe travels.

Pondering these words...  The best changes often start as single, simple thoughts. (Unknown)

I am still hoping... For a long, beautiful fall.

I am hearing... The massage chair.

Around the house... Not much has happened lately due to being sick.

One of my favorite things... A clean home.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Clean, make salsa, continue harvesting in the garden.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Thank you Peggy for the The Simple Woman's Daybook {follow links to read more}.



8 comments:

  1. Hi Alana. Nice to have you back! Sorry you have been under the weather, but I hope you feel better soon. I've been battling the flu for a week and am ready to just be over it already, so I know how it is. Sounds like you have been keeping busy and so good you can look at the bright spots in your life to be thankful for. I too am looking forward to the autumn season. It's finally beginning to feel like fall outside, so I love this time of year.

    Thanks for taking the time to stop by my new blog today. I appreciate your friendship and support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reminder to look for the amazing in simple things because most of our days are filled with the simple and mundane things of life.
    Thanks for stopping by,
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I have retired, I find that I do enjoy the simple things in life more! Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!