Today I am joining in with Gae from Cherished Hearts at Home . She has a weekly post called Hearts for Home which is open for others to link up with and share some thoughts on home-centred ways. She encourages us to think of 4-6 things to commit to each week to make homelife special and to bless us as keepers at home.
Last week I wanted to start and end each day with my thoughts turned towards God. It is still a work in progress but progress is the key word here. This is something I definately want to keep working on. As well, I also did something special for hubby each day. This was interesting. Once I set my mind in the morning to find something special to do for him I seemed to have a whole different attitude for the whole day. At times it was very challenging but the changes I've seen in a week have been amazing. I did get some baking done and caught up on the basics of housework so I think I'm ready to turn my thoughts towards my priorities for this week.
1. I definately want to keep working on turning my thoughts toward God first thing in the morning and every evening at the end of the day.
2. I also want to keep doing something special for hubby each day this week. I am looking forward to seeing what surprise each day will bring (for me as well as him).
3. School work with daughter. It has been challenging juggling her school, work and social schedule so I want to make sure that school work doesn't slip this week.
4. Make some homemade chicken noodle soup. We all have the sniffles and there's nothing like homemade chicken noodle soup to help with that.
5. Sit down with my son and find out what his long term plans are. He has been working as well as starting up his own business and he is at the point where he wants to quit his job to devote more time to his business. I also need to make sure I keep him and this venture of his in my prayers as well this week.
~Home, the spot of earth supremely blest, A dearer,
sweeter spot than all the rest~(Maricar Macalincag)