Sunday, November 30, 2014

Around Our Sunday Table - Lovely Poinsettias


Thou hast given so much to me,
Give one thing more, - a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleaseth me,
As if Thy blessings had spare days,
But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise.
~George Herbert~


It is hard to believe that here we are at First Advent.
Where did the year go?
As we gather around our Sunday table
it is time for us to stop and reflect
on the many things we have to be thankful for.


That this cold that hit me came when it did -
on a set of 5 days off work,
allowing me to actually rest.


That my hubby is always willing to help with the little things,
making sure the humidifier is always full,
hauling full laundry baskets up and down the stairs,
even making supper if he has too :)


The job the Lord has provided.
It was so unexpected and not in my field
but is true blessing in so many ways.


Being able to Facetime with my daughter.


Visiting with our son who always keeps
the conversation interesting.


Our wonderful new church family.


What are you thankful for today?


 ~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


The Style Sisters for Centerpiece Wednesday

12 comments:

  1. god is so Good. Sending Healing prayers and many more blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alana, I am thankful for the Lord bringing us together through the land of blog. You've always been a blessing to me.

    Your table is beautiful. You always decorate in such good taste.

    I'm grateful that you have a wonderful new church family.

    Hugs to you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dianna! I feel the same way! Even when I was away from blogging I often thought of you :) Thanks for being such a great friend :)

      Delete
  3. I love your photos and thank you so much for dropping by CastAways I am really thankful that you did :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kath! I look forward to visiting your blog again :)

      Delete
  4. I am thankful for family and friends, a warm house and lots of knitting. Lovely table setting and I cannot believe it's advent either. Time moves swiftly during fall and winter for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table is beautiful! It looks so festive...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. So blessed to visit you today :) What a beautiful, heartfelt expression of thankfulness- I loved reading all of the things you shared that you are grateful for in your life. How wonderful it is to look around us at the simple things of life and reflect on them and how they are such a joyous part of our lives.

    Beautiful table setting! Your photos are lovely.

    Have a wonderful day :)
    ~Jazzmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jazzmin and thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!