Saturday, February 8, 2014

The Simple Woman`s Daybook



For today... Saturday, February 8, 2014

Outside my window...
 
I am thinking... I am looking forward to our little mountain getaway.

I am thankful for... Living so close to the mountains.

From the kitchen...
~Sunday: Away
~Monday: Away
~Tuesday: Peppery Halibut, Rice Pilaf, Carrots, Tossed Salad, Mix in the Pan Chocolate Chip Cake
~Wednesday: Honey Garlic Pork Chops, Put Back Potatoes, Peas, Cauliflower, Salad, Coconut Cream Pie
~Thursday: Crockpot Chicken & Biscuits, Tossed Salad, Mix in the Pan Chocolate Chip Cake
~Friday:  Quick Fix Beef & Rice, Mashed Turnip, Garlic Green Beans, Salad, Coconut Cream Pie
~Saturday: Leftover Smorg

I am wearing... Jeans and a grey and purple striped hoodie
 
I am creating... Scrapbook pages, cards, painting a picture and x-stitching.

I am reading... Debt-Free Forever by Gail Vaz-Oxlade and A Place Called Bliss by Ruth Glover

I am praying for... Family & Friends

Pondering these words...

"Your life as a Christian should make nonbelievers questions their disbelief in God."
 
I am still hoping... The weather will warm up.

I am hearing... Inspirational music & the fireplace.

Around the house... Things are quiet and orderly.

One of my favorite things... Warmth!

A few plans for the rest of the week...
~Sunday:  Mountain getaway
~Monday:  Mountain getaway
~Tuesday:  Continue work on organizing kitchen
~Wednesday:  Housecleaning Day
~Thursday: Volunteer at MCC, Grocery shopping and errands
~Friday:  Valentine's Day
~Saturday: Snowshoeing (weather permitting)
 

Here is a picture thought I am sharing... 

~From a previous year's trip to the mountains~

 ~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


I am joining...
Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

8 comments:

  1. I appreciate your visit to my blog today :) I enjoyed the time I spent on yours, as well. Your daily menu had my mouth watering :)
    I really liked your quote, too, because it's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your photos. I pray you have a safe trip to the mountains and have a relaxing and enjoyable time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a thought- provoking post. Enjoy your mountains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoyed your trip to the mountains, I bet it's breathtaking this time of year.

    I am hoping for warmer weather, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super windy while we were there but it was great to get away!

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!