Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today... Sunday, September 15, 2013

Outside my window... Clear blue skies and sunshine.

I am thinking... Of how refreshing time away is.

I am thankful for... Safe travels and time spent with hubby.

From the kitchen...
~Sunday: BBQ Salmon, Herbed Pasta, Corn on the Cob, Fresh Veggies, Chocolate Parfaits
~Monday: Sweet & Sour Chicken, Rice, Peas, Cauliflower, Tossed Salad, Banana Cream Pie
~Tuesday: Pork Chops w/Cream Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Carrots, Broccoli, Tossed Salad, Rocky Road Cake
~Wednesday: Garden Chicken Saute, Cheesy Zucchini Bake, Tossed Salad, Chocolate Pudding
~Thursday: Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak, Perogies, Garlicky Green Beans, Turnip, Tossed Salad, Banana Cream Pie
~Friday: Maple Balsamic Salmon, Rose Pasta, Pecan Squash, Broccoli, Tossed Salad, Rocky Road Cake
~Saturday: Leftover Smorg



~Garden Chicken Saute~
 

I am wearing... Denim shorts and a pastel yellow ruffled tank top

I am creating... A x-stitch sampler

I am reading... Homemaking books

I am praying for... Family members

Pondering these words... Man walks through life painting a portrait not of what he would of done, or should have done, but of what he did.  ~Unknown~

I am still hoping... For more time in a day.

I am hearing... Birds singing and the wind gently rustling through the trees.

Around the house... Post holiday clutter.

One of my favorite things... A day to enjoy as I wish.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Finish unpacking and cleaning.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...



~Summer sky~



~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!


I am joining...
Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

3 comments:

  1. your menu sound wonderful! I am tired of cooking the same old things and have been searching for new ideas. Luckily fall and winter are almost here and I can change to soups, chilis and stews! mmmm! Great words to ponder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, my comment seems to have vanished! Anyway, it said that I'd like to have dinner at your house all week long...such a great menu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it does feel like summer, so it must be summer! I admire any mom who us brave and still wears shorts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!