Monday, January 17, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today... Monday, January 17, 2011


Outside my window... It is dark - no moon or stars because it is clouded over and we are expected to get more snow overnight - sigh.


I am thinking...  Of the many things I need to get done tomorrow, the weather forecast for the week which means I may have to drive my daughter to work due to bad roads - again, of the nice time hubby and I had these past few days.


I am thankful for... A warm home and working vehicles.


From the learning rooms... Studying for a Bio exam.


From the kitchen... I have a fridge full of leftovers so I don't think I will be actually doing much cooking this week.


I am wearing... Dark denim jeans and a black/grey sweater


I am creating... I finished my pillowcases and will be starting on another set.


I am going... To start planning my day for tomorrow and the upcoming week.


I am reading... The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien


I am praying for... My daughter as she is narrowing down her college search.


Pondering these words... "God's plan for making us holy is not an event but a process that involves daily choices in every area of life." (Leroy Eims)


I am STILL hoping... That the weather will warm up.


I am hearing... The computer and the furnace.


Around the house... Lots of housework and laundry after spending a few days away.


One of my favorite things... Vanilla Caramel creamer by CoffeeMate


A few plans for the rest of the week...  Monday - errands, grocery shopping and working at the church library, Tuesday - housework and baking, Wednesday - daughters grad dress fitting, schoolwork, housework, Thursday - possibly have to drive daughter to work and if I do I will stay in the city and do some work at the church library, if I'm at home more housework and baking, Friday - schoolwork, housework, family movie night, Saturday - date with hubby, odds and ends, Sunday - church


Here is a picture thought I am sharing...




Thank you Peggy for the The Simple Woman's Daybook {follow links to read more}.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Alana,
    I enjoyed reading your daybook. It looks like you have a very busy week ahead. I hope the weather will become a little warmer for you. :) Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Susan. I appreciate your encouraging comments :) ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!