Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hearts for Home


Today I am joining in with Gae from Cherished Hearts at Home . She has a weekly post called Hearts for Home which is open for others to link up with and share some thoughts on home-centred ways. She encourages us to think of 4-6 things to commit to each week to make homelife special and to bless us as keepers at home.

Last week hubby and I had our "at-home getaway" which was so nice and refreshing.  Now it's time to get back into the routine of things and catch up on some things that got put aside last week.

Here are a few things I would like to focus on this week.

1.  Bookwork and paperwork for school.  I hate doing this stuff and severely procrastinate on doing it so this week I need to just set aside the time, focus, and get it done.

2.  Catch up on laundry.

3.  Tidy up our bedroom.  It seems to have been collecting stuff again so it needs to be put away.

4.  Start thinking about what I will do for Valentine's Day followed by hubby's birthday and then our anniversary.


~Home, the spot of earth supremely blest,
A dearer, sweeter spot than all the rest~
(Maricar Macalincag)


5 comments:

  1. I love that you don't put 20 things are your list to accomplish but cut straight to the important in your life. I hope you find joy in the accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Alana,
    I am so pleased you ahd some refreshing time with your husband on your 'get together'
    Yes some events tend to be one after one another. I look forward to seeing your ideas for Valentines day. I am looking at starting our traditons soon, which go for a week or two prior.
    have a blessed an joy filled week
    Gae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Alana,
    Isn't it amazing how that school paperwork can pile up! Seems like I always have to keep right on top of it. It can be overwhelming at times.

    I was just thinking this morning that I needed to give our bedroom a thorough "going over". This is often the room where I tend to leave a little pile that needs attending to!

    Looks like we may be having similar days! Hope yours is a blessed one!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, you have a lot of events coming up!

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your encouraging comments. They always make my day brighter. ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!