Thursday, April 7, 2022

Little Night Table Makeover


My dad built this little night table for me
when I was about 10 years old.
It was one of the first pieces of furniture he built.


When I got older he built me a whole new bedroom set
and this little night table got shuffled around
and eventually became my daughters.


It's age was showing
and my plan was to move it out to the greenhouse
when we converted my daughter's room to a guest room.


BUT....
when I mentioned it to my daughter
(who is now married and lives in another country)


she said,
"MOM, 
I'm very emotionally attached to that little night table. 
Please don't get rid of it."


So, the little night table was saved
from being relegated to the greenhouse
and the makeover began with two coats of fresh white paint.


I ordered some vinyl from Amazon
and hubby got in on the action
and helped with the cutting and applying of the vinyl


I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.


My daughter loves Poppies and Bees
so I lined the drawer with Poppy & Bee scented liner.


This 40+ year old night table that
a father built for his daughter,
and was then passed down to his granddaughter
now has new life and is waiting
to be passed down 
to his future great-granddaughter,
and maybe even onto his great-great-granddaughter.


Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Alana 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!