Sunday, October 7, 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today...
Sunday, October 7, 2018

Looking out my window...
The sun is shining and the fall colors are beautiful
against the clear blue sky.

I am thinking...
Of how we have not had many nice fall days
and snow is once again in the forecast for this next week.

I am thankful for...
Family time.

One of my favorite things...
Playing Uno with the family.

I am creating...
A Christmas gift list.

I am wearing...
Red jeans, Blue & burgundy floral peasant shirt.

I am hearing...
Thumping from the basement.

I am reading...
Only Time Will Tell (Clifton Chronicles Book 1) by Jeffrey Archer

I am learning...
That I need to allow myself time for me.

Around the house...
Getting ready for Thanksgiving dinner.

In my kitchen...
Monday: Pork Stir-Fry
Tuesday: Chicken Hurry
Wednesday: Leftover Night
Thursday: Orange Ginger Sole
Friday: Out
Saturday: Lasagna
Sunday: Brown Sugar Glazed Ham

In my garden...
Just some clean up left to do.

Pondering these words... 

"Let us remember that, as much as has been given us,
much will be expected from us,
and that true homage comes from the heart
as well as from the lips, 
and shows itself in deeds."
~Theodore Roosevelt~

A few plans for the rest of the week...
Take daughter to the bus station for her return trip,
a walk in the river bottom,
enjoying my birthday,
hopefully a day date with hubby!

A moment from my day...


~Celebrating Thanksgiving~

~~~*~~~

~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Alana

I am joining...

4 comments:

  1. Alana, I enjoyed reading your Daybook. Your autumn table is so pretty! I need to get started on my Christmas list, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your thoughts for today. It made me stop and think of mine, and how I would answer each and it was fun and a lovely pause for this day. Thanks for sharing.
    Pretty Fall table vignette too.
    Thanks for coming by today, it made my day !
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!