Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today... Saturday, March 30, 2013

Outside my window... White & gray fluffy clouds are moving in covering the blue sky.  Possible rain showers are on the way.

I am thinking... That it is only a few weeks until my daughter is home for summer break.

I am thankful for... The Easter season.

From the kitchen...
~Sunday: Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Buns, Glazed Carrots, Broccoli & Cauliflower, Asparagus w/Lemon Sauce, Tossed Salad, Lemon Meringue Pie, White Chocolate Brownie Pie
~Monday: Parmesean Fish, Basil & Garlic Butter Pasta, Garlic-Pepper Green Beans, Buttered Carrots, Salad, Chocolate Eclair Squares
~Tuesday: Oven Baked Pork Chops, Parmesean Potatoes, Broccoli & Cauliflower in cheese sauce, Tossed Salad, Rocky Road Cake
~Wednesday: Chicken & Sweet Pepper Stir-Fry, Steamed Rice, Spaghetti Squash, Tossed Salad, Leftover pie from Sunday
~Thursday: Crockpot Chili, Buns, Buttered Carrots, Tossed Salad, Chocolate Eclair Squares
~Friday: Maple Balsamic Salmon, Steamed Rice, Pea Pods & Peppers, Pecan Squash, Salad, Rocky Road Cake
~Saturday: Leftover Smorg

~Chocolate Eclair Square~


I am wearing... Jeans, Pink & Grey Floral Top with ruffles, Black and White Cardiagn

I am creating... A x-stitch sampler

I am reading... The Beloved Land by T. Davis Bunn & Jeanette Oke

I am praying for... Health as we are not yet at 100%

Pondering these words... The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.  ~Robert Flatt~

I am still hoping... For spring to finally arrive.

I am hearing... The TV playing as the guys are watching a show and the air purifier running.

Around the house... Last minute Easter prep.

One of my favorite things... Holiday celebrations.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Recuperating from the weekend, shopping and puttering around the house.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing...


 

~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!

I am joining...
Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook
StoneGable for On The Menu Monday





 

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm impressed with all your menu's. I'm big on planning but not so much a week of meal's. I probably should be, would make each day easier.

    Love the David Platt quote. He is such an amazing young man.

    Easter blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a delicious week planned. That picture of the moon is beautiful. It sure has been pretty lately

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menu sounds delicious, especially the desserts! Mmm!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!