Thursday, March 28, 2013

Oreo Pudding Poke Cake

 
I first saw this on Pinterest
and found the recipe at The Country Cook
It is easy to make and delicious!
The original recipe is made in a 9x13 pan
but that is too large for us right now
so I made it smaller and got a second cake for the freezer.
 
 
Ingredients
1 box chocolate cake mix
Ingredients to make cake mix (water, oil, eggs)
1 pkg (4-servings) Oreo Instant Pudding
2 cups milk
1 tub Cool Whip
Oreo Cookies (to crumble - I used 3 cookies)
 
 
Make cake mix according to the directions on the box.
Pour into two greased 8- or 9-inch square or round pans.
Bake according to the directions on the box.
 
 
When the cake comes out of the oven
quickly mix up the pudding.
In a medium bowl whisk together the pudding mix and milk
for approximately 2 minutes.
Poke holes about 1-inch apart into the warm cake
using the handle of a wooden spoon.
Pour the pudding over top of the cake,
using a spoon to smooth and gently push pudding down into the holes.
Refrigerate.
 
 
When the cake is cooled top with the Cool Whip
and the crushed Oreos.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
 
 
With the other chocolate cake
I iced with chocolate icing, added some sprinkles
and it is ready for the freezer for a rainy day.
 
 
~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!



I am joining...
Rattlebridge Farm for Foodie Friday
Addicted to Recipes for Scrumptious Sunday
Love Bakes Good Cakes for All My Bloggy Friends
The Recipe Critic for Time to Sparkle

11 comments:

  1. I do love some oreos..LOL if I could make just one piece of this I would be ok...but there are only 2 of us and we would eat the whole thing.....maybe for a family get together....will pin it for future...
    Love,
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you give it a try! It is quite delicious :)

      Delete
  2. YUM! This could be our dessert for Easter! Thanks!!! Have a very happy Easter. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is delicious and would be perfect for Easter!

      Delete
  3. That cake looks delicious! My kids would love it! You cannot go wrong with anything Oreo. Have a great long weekend and Happy Easter! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True - chocolate and oreo is always a winning combination! Have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  4. Oh my, Alana, your blog could be dangerous with yumminess like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alana,
    I'm visiting from the hop. This looks toooo good. I have to try to make it. I'm your newest follower. Hope you will visit my blog and hopefully want to follow back. Also enter my April Candy drawing while you are there.
    Angel @ sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and being my newest follower!

      Delete
  6. Love anything Oreo! And this looks delicious, Alana ;-) Thank you for sharing at our ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS party

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!