Tuesday, December 7, 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 

For today...
Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Looking out my window...
~It's almost spring like~

I am thinking...
That I am glad I haven't had a lot of wintery roads to drive on yet.

I am thankful for...
Having paid sick time.

One of my favorite things...
Quiet days at home.

I am creating...
A Christmas wrapping station.

I am wearing... 
Grey joggers and a white & grey block sweatshirt.

I am hearing...
The birds, music and the furnace running.

I am reading... 
Dune by Frank Herbert
and
Enjoying God's Gift of Sabbath by David Gundlach

Around the house... 
Hubby is putting up more lights.

In my kitchen...
~Beef Barley Soup~

In my garden...

Pondering these words... 
"Christmas is a bridge. We need bridges as the river of time flows past.
Today's Christmas should mean creating happy hours
for tomorrow and reliving those of yesterday."
~Gladys Bagg Taber~

A few plans for the upcoming week...
~Working~
~Video Chat with daughter~
Tire rotation on hubby's car~
~Visit with Parents~
~Home Movie Night~
~Brunch & Shopping~
(Hoping to finish up my Christmas shopping)

A moment from my day...

~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Alana

I am joining...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alana. Thanks for visiting my daybook post. I enjoyed yours as well. I too love quiet days at home. I'm such a homebody. I see the ornament on out on the tree. That's something I had never thought of. Hope you're enjoying your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by. I got the idea for outdoor decorations on year when we were travelling north and often had to walk our dog through residential neighborhoods where this was very common and I loved it so I brought the idea home with me.

      Delete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!