Monday, December 10, 2012

Brownie Minatures

 
Every year I ask every member of the family
what they would like me to bake for Christmas
if I was only baking one thing.
For my son, it is Brownie Minatures.
I don't know where I got the original recipe
but I have been making them every Christmas
for many years :)
 
 
Ingredients
3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter or margarine
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cups flour
35 rosebuds
 
 
In saucepan, melt sugar, butter and chocolate over low heat,
stirring until chocolate is just melted.
Remove from heat and let cool 1 minute.
Blend in vanilla and eggs; gently fold in flour just until blended.
 
 
Spoon into tiny paper baking cups
Bake in 350F oven for 10-12 minutes or until set.
Remove from oven; set rosebud on top of each.
Makes approximately 35 minatures.
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!



I am joining...
A Stroll Through Life  for Holiday Baking Party

20 comments:

  1. Oh, these look yummy! I've never seen Rose Buds chocolate, I occasionally see a chocolate called Stars that have the similar shape. We might have to use those. I will have to make these sometime soon. Love-love-love just about anything chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alana...so pretty! Delicious I am sure! Have a blessed week! Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. These little brownies look sooo good. Don't you love to be able to bake the things your loved ones love. Things in miniature are always so fun. Joni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy baking when they love eating it :) and somehow it always tastes better in minature!

      Delete
  4. How cute are these?! And your table looks so pretty. You need to come to my house and bake. I am sooo far behind on everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pattie! I feel far behind too. Usually by now I have containers of baking in the freezer but these Brownie Minatures are the first thing I have made so far this year.

      Delete
  5. These look good and wish I had some with my coffee now! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks pretty amazing to me as well! I always loved finding those candy pieces on top of cookies or brownies. What could be more fun! :-)

    Thanks for stopping in at Cranberry Morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it funny how one little addition on top can make it extra special :)

      Delete
  7. They look great! Can I come for coffee or have you eaten them all? My daughter had a great recipe for brownies that needed Hershey's chocolate so I always used to buy a lot for her when I came to the USA. Haven't been for ages and so haven't tasted ones quite as good! Joan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stashed some in the freezer and you're welcome for coffee anytime ;)

      Delete
  8. Oh these look so good. I definitely need to make these. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound yummy, especially since you used Watkins vanilla - My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is better with real chocolate :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think these sound fabulous and would love one right now. Thanks so much for linking to the Holiday Baking Party. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!