Sunday, March 17, 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today...
Sunday, March 17, 2019

Looking out my window...

I am thinking...
Of how it has been a productive day.

I am thankful for...
Quiet days at home.

One of my favorite things...
Shamrock shakes!

I am creating...
I have a few projects on the go...
scrapbooking, x-stitching & card making.

I am wearing...
Black jeans & boots, Pink & white top

I am hearing...
The humidifier running.

I am reading...
The Paradise of Glass by Petra Durst-Benning
and
When the Game is Over It All Goes Back in the Box by John Ortberg

I am learning...
That I need to get back into more planning.

Around the house...
Time to put out some spring décor.

In my kitchen...
Hubby made tacos - one of my favorites.

In my garden...
Still snow.

Pondering these words... 
"The best things in life are nearest: 
Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes,
 flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, 
the path of right just before you. 
Then do not grasp at the stars, 
but do life's plain, common work as it comes, 
certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life."
~Robert Louise Stevenson~

A few plans for the rest of the week...
~Going to see the Green Book~
~Re-starting my walking program as I got off track while being sick~
~Time in the craft room~
~Working~
~Visiting my parents~
~Attending the Home & Garden show with hubby~
~Hopefully some spring cleaning~

A moment from my day...
~Enjoying a lazy day~

~~~*~~~

~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Alana

I am joining...

4 comments:

  1. I like the poem by RLS. I'm not familiar with his work, but several times now in the past month, I've admired a verse and then read that it is his. I love it when something reappears that way. The Home & Garden show will be a lovely way to welcome spring this week. I enjoyed your daybook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RLS has so many beautiful poems. I hope you get a chance to discover them. He is one of my favourites. Thanks so much for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. I came here from the SImple Womans Daybook. I love Robert Louis Stevenson and have since I was a child. I too an working on walking more again. I really enjoyed your blogpost.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!