Sunday, August 13, 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook



For today...  Sunday, August 13, 2017

Looking out my window... Clear & sunny skies.

 I am thinking...  Of how I love calm summer evenings.

I am thankful... That we had a chance to get away to the mountains.

One of my favorite things... Listening to running water.

I am wearing... Coral sleeveless dress with some dark brown wedge sandals.

I am creating... A fall wreath.

I am reading... Barbara & Susan's Guide to the Empty Nest by Barbara Rainey & Susan Yates

I am hoping... That the wind stays away so that we can go for a picnic.

I am learning... To use my time wisely.

In my kitchen...  BBQ Hamburgers, fresh corn on the cob & fresh garden veggies.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Work, getting my hair done, going through Practicum information with my daughter, cleaning the trailer & prepping it for our next getaway & a bank appointment.

Shared quote... "Solitude is the only place where we can gain freedom from the forces of society that will otherwise relentlessly mold us." ~John Ortberg

A moment from my day...


Fresh from the vine to the table.


Closing Notes...




A chipmunk that joined us while we were relaxing
after kayaking.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
 ~Finding the amazing in the simple~

I am joining...
Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!