Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cookies, Cake, Mixers & Things

My daughter is going on a mission trip this summer and their first fundraiser is a bake sale. 


 She needs to bring a recipe that will make ten dozen cookies (they are getting together to do some of the baking).


We weren't sure how many dozen the recipe made so we had to do trial run.


As you can see, it made quite a few.  In fact, one recipe made six and a half dozen cookies!
It never seems like that many because they always disappear so quickly.


While making the cookies my old hand mixer had enough so I ended having to buy a new one.



Of course, I couldn't wait to try it out and made a chocolate cake. 
The new one is fabulous.  It has a thinner handle for my small hands and is lightweight.
Now on to baking eight dozen coffee cakes for the bake sale.


"Think what a better world it would be if we all, the whole world, had cookies and milk about three o'clock every afternoon and then lay down on our blankets for a nap."
(Barbara Jordan)

8 comments:

  1. We would be a very calm world indeed! :-)

    Thank you so much for visiting the cottage...it was so nice to see you ;-)

    Be blessed today!

    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to your daughter on her fundraising! I loved the quote at the end about cookies and naps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, the sheer number of all the baked items you need to produce bring back memories of my Christmas baking! You've got a big job ahead of you! It's great you have a new mixer to help you get through it all! I've had a couple burn out while in use. I would love it if you would share you coffee cake recipe .... it looks so delicious! Happy Baking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My, my, MY! Haven't you been cooking up a storm! Looks mighty tasty indeed:) Love the new mixer, I need one badly. My old one went kaput, and I just haven't remembered to pick up a new one, and let me tell ya, my arm gets awful tired doing it by hand! Have a great day, and God Bless the mission, (and the bakers:) !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that quote! Too bad that it isn't something we all could do. I think everyone would get along much better. Wow, that's a lot of cookies! They look very yummy too! Hope the bake sale goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look great....and I love the quote you included!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you're going to be ready for the sale.
    Two things: First, thanks for dropping by my Groundhog Post and leaving a nice comment.
    Second, I too have small hands. Can you tell me the brand name of your mixer?
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria, Misty, Susan & Kelly - thank you :)

    Lisa - I will post the recipe for you under "Chocolate Cake Dress Up"

    Mrs. Evans - Wow, I give you a ton of credit. Around here if there is no mixer there is no baking. I can't imagine doing it all by hand.

    Denise - The mixer is made by Hamilton Beach.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!