Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Chicken for Lunches

 

With both hubby & I having high blood pressure
and hubby also dealing with high cholesterol
I have started roasting our chicken for lunches.
I use the chicken in salads
and for sandwiches or wraps
and the flavor is so much better than
what you can buy in the store.


I start by lining my pan with parchment paper.
I then slice two chicken breasts
and brush with canola oil


I then sprinkle lightly with seasoned salt & pepper.
I then pick some of my favorite Mrs Dash seasonings.
One of my favorite combinations is the Table Blend and Garlic & Herb.
I sprinkle these generously over the chicken breasts.


I then bake in a 375F oven for approximately 30 minutes or until just done.
This keeps the chicken from being too dry when you go to use it later.


Once it has cooled I slice it into thin strips.
I then wrap each individual chicken breast in Saran Wrap
and but both in a freezer bag and put in the freezer.
When I am ready to use the chicken in a lunch
it is easy to pull out one chicken breast
which is plenty when divided between the two of us for lunch.
I actually usually have leftovers
and often can get two lunches for both of us
from one chicken breast.


The flavor is great, it is super easy and convenient
and it is also a very healthy option.

~*~

~Finding the amazing in the simple~
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!