Thursday, February 10, 2011

Creating Cards for Valentine's Day

This year I decided to make some cards for Valentine's Day.
I started off with a few heart buttons and some red and white paper.


I drew a heart on the white paper (which has hearts on it)
and arranged the buttons around and glued them on.

 

And added some buttons to the corners.


I added some hearts and edged the paper on the inside using my "heartbeat" scissors.


And added a verse.



I made two cards.  One for my parents and one for my daughter.


Then I decided to do one for my son.  No reds for him.


Although I did sneak in a little pink ;)


I then added some "postage stamps" and gold trim.

 

Nothing too mushy for him.




Again on the inside I added the verse and some more "postage stamps".


I added some gold trim to the edges.


I used the same idea for hubby but he likes red.


Although I did use a deeper red than on the first button cards.


And a similar inside as my sons card, again I gold trimmed the edges.


Valentine's Day cards are done.
Now onto birthday and anniversary cards.

I am joining Ciny at "My Romantic Home" for Show and Tell Friday


And Lori at "be different act normal" for Show and Tell Saturday





7 comments:

  1. I wish I had paper craft talent like yours! These are beautiful, thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that fun?!

    Good for you, I'm sure they will love your genuine Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs Evans - Thank you! I am glad I could share them :)

    Blondee - It is so much fun!! I've been working on them in the evening after I get the kitchen cleaned up from supper. Supper's never been cleaned up so fast and the kitchen's never been cleaner than this past week as I work as fast as I can to give me more time to work on the cards LOL ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's beautiful. My husband loves red too. I hope I get time to handmake my cards for Valentines...but I tend to leave it toooo late! It's the 11th already and I've nothing prepared. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like sunshine in the home - Thank you. I hope you find time to make some :) ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!