Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Where Do I Begin?

I want to be a good keeper of the home but right now I'm failing horribly at it.  If I had hired myself to keep my home I would have to fire myself.  I know this is what God has called me to do and I want to be faithful.  I want to honor and show respect to my husband by having a well kept and organized home.  He works hard so I have the priviledge of being a SAHM.  It is time I stepped up to do my part.  But, where do I begin?  I've got so many bits and pieces of starts and stops and there's so much to do its overwhelming.

I think a good place to start would be to consolidate my day planner.  I have my day planner, another book with my master lists, other master lists on the computer, a different book for my food journal and so on.  For today, my focus will be to simplify and consolidate everything into one.  From there my focus each day will be on:-

a) meals
b) homeschooling
c) daily housekeeping
d) getting things under control on a priority basis

Once "d" is under control I can begin to focus on a regular cleaning schedule.  My main goal, however, will be to stay focused and motivated.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome ~ Sweet September blessings! I enjoyed your first posting! I think that having everything in one place will make it much easier to organize...as well as bringing simplicity into your home! I have just finished my "Kitchen Journal" and I am in the process of working on my "Homemaking Journal"...as I too want to have one place to go to find what I am looking for. Simple blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Welcome to blogging! Your blog is so pretty...I enjoyed reading your first post. Getting a handle on housekeeping, as well as everything else in life can be overwhelming! It is something I still am working on! I think it is an ongoing process because our lives are always changing. Having everything organized in one place will be a good place to start.

    Have a lovely evening! (Thank you for following my blog.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from Maine!
    I found your blog through Teri's...I noticed that you had just started a new blog. I remember that feeling...I just started mine this year! It took me a long time to get up the courage to do it...but I find it so helpful. Friends are so encouraging...and it is a great way to share ideas! I will be praying for you as you start your journey...remember...every day is a new day...and God is always with us. I'm sure that you will accomplish all that you set out to do with His help!
    God bless,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I enjoy reading each one so much and will try to get back to each one of you. Have an amazing day!